Welcome to the Healthy Schools, Healthy People - It's a
SNAP Resources Page where you can make your own resources
support, and promote your handwashing program!
Click here to
request your free starter kit.
Here are some ways you can use the colorful stickers to promote good hand washing in your school:
- Create iron-ons for t-shirts, mouse pads,baseball caps and more!
- Decorate school folders, backpacks, and compact disks
- Wear stickers on t-shirts to advertise your hand washing program!
- Produce your very own bumper stickers (be sure to ask guardian?s permission to place on vehicles!)
- Create reusable buttons!
- Design your own Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP stationery
- Create magnets to decorate your refrigerator
- Print design on clear reusable adhesives to decorate cups, windows and more!
- Hand stickers out at a school assembly to get everyone involved!
- Start a sticker collection today and let the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP sticker be the first of your collection!
- Design a key chain
- Attach to Frisbees to make for fun in the sun
To print stickers, use Avery labels 5294 (2 1/2" round labels; 12 per page).
Note: On the print menu, under copies and adjustments, make sure the
Shrink or Expand options are NOT checked.
Own Honor Roll Certificates!
Here’s a ready-made certificate for teachers, administrators
and nurses to recognize students who have been involved in the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP handwashing program.
Honor Roll Certificate [PDF]
Own Handouts and Bookmarks
Here are some ways you can use the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP poster and bookmark to promote proper hand washing in your
- Create colorful handouts to share with your class
- Design a bulletin board in your school and decorate!
- Use to create bookmarks!
- Create a cartoon or storybook using the exhibit panel pictures.
- Design placemats for your school cafeteria.
- Design your own handwashing calendar to remind peers to wash their hands!
- Create posters to involve everyone in a school-wide handwashing
- Create your own clean hands display or exhibit.
||Clean Hands at the Beach|
Germs don?t go on vacation! Handwashing flyer with tips and word search on the back.
||Going Beyond Green to be Clean
Keep Germs Away on St. Patrick's Day! Handwashing flyer with tips and coloring/activity sheet on the back.
||Jeremy the Germ
A story based on the skit by the drama club at Diamond View School, written by Bethany DuVarney, Lassen County Public Health Department (Susanville, CA) and illustrated by R. W. McBride. You can pledge to be germinators and wash your hands. Click the picture on the left to download your copy or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a free copy.
||Don?t Hand Those Germs to Me!
See how many possible infections you could prevent by washing your hands.
||Don?t Do the Flu!
Halloween themed handwashing flyer with tips and coloring sheet on the back.
||Clean Your Paws for Santa Claus
Keep germs away during the holiday season. This flyer includes handwashing tips and a coloring sheet on the back.
||Have U Washed Your Hands 2Day?Brochure in English (14 Mb) and Spanish (13 Mb) with handwashing facts, quiz and word search. Poster also available.
||Hooray for Handwashing
Soapy and Sudsy help kids remember when to wash hands. Story, songs, music sheets and coloring sheet.
Your Own Post Cards!
Five different post cards to help generate interest for your
school entire school community! Send these to administrators, students,
parent organizations, school nurses and parents to generate enthusiasm
and gain program support or use them to decorate classrooms, cafeterias
Click on the post cards below for a printable
You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents.
Click to download Adobe Acrobat Reader
For Families/Parent Organizations
For School Nurses