Make Every Day Global Handwashing Day
Handwashing with soap is the most effective and inexpensive way to prevent death for millions of children in developing countries every year. Despite its lifesaving potential, handwashing with soap is seldom practiced.
Even in the United States, where soap is plentiful, handwashing doesn’t happen as often as it should.
How Can I get Involved?
It’s easy! Join the handwashing movement and help us raise awareness about the importance of clean hands 365 days a year and on Global Handwashing Day, celebrated annually on October 15.
- There is a lot you can do and here are a few ideas and resources to help you get started.
- Make handwashing a priority at your school and in your FCCLA chapter work.
- Create a project, activity or campaign for Global Handwashing Day.
- Download the Global Handwashing Day Poster and display them in your school and community.
- Review additional Resources and share them with others.
- Use your Facebook, Twitter and other networks to share handwashing messages with your school community, friends and family.
- Write a one page summary of your handwashing project and apply for the Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP national awards recognition.
- Go to www.globalhandwashingday.org to see handwashing campaign photos from around the world, download free resources and play the World Wash Up game.