The American Cleaning Institute and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have sponsored the Annual Awards Program for Healthy Schools, Healthy People, It’s a SNAP since 2003. We encourage students to learn about healthy hand hygiene habits and teach others the importance of handwashing. The top classroom will receive an all-expense paid trip for three to Washington, D.C. or Atlanta, Georgia to meet with leaders from CDC, ACI, industry and Capitol Hill.
Here’s a dozen award-worthy campaign ideas:
- Read to younger students
- Have a video contest
- Produce a school play
- Teach younger students
- Create hands-on activities
- Create a scientific-study
- Write a rap song
- Make a funny video
- Make an educational video
- Work handwashing info into math, science and art lessons
- Create multi-language posters
- Teach others how to wash hands correctly
Click on the links below for a printable PDF version of the materials.