Students teaching students can be a great way to spread handwashing education and instill good hand hygiene habits. The American Cleaning Institute and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted annual awards as part of the Healthy Schools, Healthy People joint initiative between 2003 and 2019.
Here are some of the award-winning handwashing education campaign ideas:
- Read to younger students
- Have a video contest
- Produce a school play
- Create a scientific-study
- Write a rap song
- Make a funny video
- Make an educational video
- Work handwashing info into math, science and art lessons
- Create multi-language posters
- Teach others how to wash hands correctly
Learn more about past award recipients.